Who we are
We are Bluebell Wood Children’s Hospice and we care for children and young adults with life-shortening and life-threatening conditions; and their families.
Our motto is ‘living with love and laughter’ and every day we create special memories for children, young adults and families who visit us, which they can treasure for whatever time they have together. We give families the chance to relax, take a break and just have fun.
All of our services are completely free to children and families referred to Bluebell Wood.
We have a wholly owned subsidiary called Bluebell Wood Shops Limited, which we use for our trading activities including our retail shops and merchandise. We might share data within our organisation for the purposes of data cleansing, but we never share data outside of our organisation without your express permission.
We are the ‘Data Controller’ of personal information that this policy applies to under the Data Protection Act 1998.
Charity Number: 1076958
Why would we contact you?
Every year, we support over 250 families, both at our hospice in North Anston and out in the community. It costs over £4 million each year to keep our doors open to children and families who are going through the toughest times imaginable. Just 10% of these costs come from government funding, which means that it is because of incredible people like you, who fundraise so tirelessly, that we can keep supporting our children and their families.
From time to time we’ll be in touch with you about upcoming events, our latest news or to share family stories.
What information do we collect?
We only collect information about you that:
- helps us to understand why you support our work, so we can better meet your needs
- records your donations or purchases so that we can properly thank you
- records communications between us, so we can refer back to things should we need to
- enables us to contact you if we need to
- shows us how you are using the website, so we can keep improving it
- helps us to make our website work better for you
- helps us keep in touch with you so we can let you know about the organisation and our events
Parts of our website may ask you for more information so that you can use services or complete transactions. You’ll always be told when this information is being collected. In many cases you’ll be asked to enter it – for example, an email address for correspondence. This information will only be used for the purposes stated.
We collect the following information from people visiting the website:
- Questions, queries and feedback you leave, including your email address if you send us an email
- Your IP address and which web browser (and version) you use
- Information on how people use the site, using cookies and page tagging, to help us to improve the website and our services
If you send us feedback, we will keep your message.
How do we store your data?
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers in secured databases.
All card payment transactions are encrypted.
All information stored is only used whilst you continue to be a supporter of Bluebell Wood Children’s Hospice and the data will be securely removed from our current live database six years after your last donation. Any information held beyond this point is used for statistical purposes only and is not accessible for fundraising purposes.
The transmission of information over the internet is never completely secure. We do our very best to protect your personal data, but cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site by submitting an online form, any transmission is at your own risk. We use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Any information we collect from supporters is used to:
- improve the content and design of the website
- let you use interactive features, when you choose to do so
- contact you, with your permission
We never share your information with other organisations for marketing, market research or commercial purposes, and we don’t pass on your personal information to any other website.
When we transfer your information
From time to time we may require services, such as newsletter mailings, from suppliers, that are based worldwide and your information will be passed to them for the purposes of providing that service. Where we engage these suppliers we make sure that they apply the same levels of protection, security and confidentiality we apply. However, such information may be accessed by law enforcement agencies and other authorities to prevent and detect crime and comply with legal obligations.
Links to and from our website
When you come to our website from another website, we may get personal information about you from the other website. You should read those websites’ privacy policies if you want to know about this.
Disclosure of your information to others
We may disclose your personal information:
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share visitors’ personal data to comply with a legal obligation for law enforcement purposes
- We never sell or share information we hold with any commercial or other organisations.
We may share your information with sponsors of events or activities you are interested in but only where we have your express permission from you to do so.
Under the Data Protection Act you have the right to:
- ask us not to process your personal data
- see information we hold about you
- ask for inaccurate personal data to be corrected
For a copy of the personal information we hold about you, write to, Mel Hunt, Information and ICT Officer, Bluebell Wood Children’s Hospice, Cramfit Road, Sheffield, S25 4AJ. When we are assured of your identity we will send you a copy of your personal information that we are legally required to disclose.
You also have the right to change your mind anytime you like. If you would rather not hear from us again, just email “Unsubscribe” to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the unsubscribe option at the bottom of the latest Bluebell Wood email you received.
Please contact our team if you believe that information we hold about you is inaccurate and want it to be corrected:
Call us on 01909 517 360 or email email@example.com